April 2013 ATCA "Happenings"
- There are a couple of new products on the ATCA shopping cart including the 2010 ATCA Yearbook. Only limited quantities are available. Take a look at all the specials we have to offer on the shopping cart especially mother's and father's day items.
- Winners of the 2013 AZ Floater are: BOB/G2 - GCH Joval Angel's Whisper owned by V. Rickard and J. Rickard; OS: Ch Penaire's Chip Leader at Longvue owned by J & W Clarke and T & A Clyde; BW: Jet Aire's Ursa Major The Greater Bear owned by D and J. Turba; SEL Dog: Ch Evermay's Instigator owned by D. Allen; SEL Bitch: Ch Brisline's Zeta Jones owned by G. McRae and B. Fakkema. Sweeps: BSS: Red Sky's Everything Terrorific owned by R and S Lucas and D. Hernandez; BIS: Spindletop's Party on the Patio owned by A. Barlow; BIVS: Ch. Evermay's Instigator owned by D. Allen. Congratulations to all the winners.
- Plans for the MCKC weekend are set. This year will be a British Theme: Welcome to the "Valley of Aire" where tradition will be honored. Hospitality will be on Thurs pm at 5pm. Similar to last year's, heavy hors d'oeuvres and cocktails will be served. On Wednesday, our Breeder seminar will feature education pertaining to Stud selection. Friday, our Annual Banquet will include our Auction. The menu will include some British favorites: Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pudding, Filet of Sole, Potatoes, Green Beans and for Dessert, A Famous Trifle!! Rolls, butter, cocktails, iced tea, coffee, soft drinks and water will be served. On Sunday night, there will be a get together for "Airedale Trivia" and prizes will be awarded. Be sure to book your rooms and send in your banquet reservation soon! All information will be on the website soon and in the next edition of the AA
- Reservations for Montgomery County Kennel Club 2013 are now being accepted at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites, Plymouth Meeting. To make a reservation, call 1-610-313-9990 and ask for the "Valley of Aire" room block. For on-line reservations, you may use the Code G-Aire. The discounted room rates are as follows: 1 Bedroom King Suite: $146 per night, 2 Bedroom King Suite: $186 per night, Trio Suite: $196 per night, One time Pet deposit: $50, The address is Hyatt House Plymouth Meeting, 501 E. Germantown Pike, East Norriton, Pa, 19401 HyatthousePlymouthMeeting.com For any concerns, contact Caron Jones, Chair Hospitality at firstname.lastname@example.org
- From the ATCA Obedience/Rally Committee: Congratulations to Suzanne Tharpe as breeder of all three Airedales that qualified for AKC's National Obedience Championship held in Tulsa, OK on March 15-17, 2013. The three Airedales that qualified for this event were: Ch OTCH Brisline Plumperfect Unforgettable, UDX9, OGM, RA; Ch. Plum Perfect's All That Jazz, UDX2, OM3, RN, AXP, AJP and CH. Plum Perfect's Blues Legend, UD, BN. Jazz is owned by Chris Hyde and Suzanne owns Natalie and Ruby. MCKC Obedience/Rally activities are underway: For obedience and rally exhibitors the week of trials will start on Wednesday, October 2, 2013 with the Garden State All Terrier trial. They will be holding an indoor rally and obedience trial at the Hatboro show site at Middletown Grange Fairgrounds #684, 576 Penns Park Rd. Wrightstown, PA. This is a new show site for these trials. They have formerly been held at the Kimberton fairgrounds with the agility trials. Thursday and Friday bring a rally trial and an obedience trial with the Hatboro shows at the same show site. These two trials are traditionally outdoor trials. They are all breed trials. Saturday, October 5th, is the ATCA trial in Exton, PA. This will be held at the Dog Training Club of Chester Co. building in Exton, PA. It is a climate controlled indoor site. This site is about an hour to an hour and a half drive west of the above trials. Our judge will be Nancy Withers. New to the list of rally and obedience trials will be the outdoor trials held on Sunday with the Montgomery Co. Kennel Club. What a great opportunity to show off our performance Airedales at the greatest terrier show in the USA. The show site is Montgomery County Community College, 340 DeKalb Pike, Blue Bell, PA.
- From the ATCA Hunting/Field Committee: The 2013 edition of the ATCA Cooley Hunt Test is scheduled for May 17, 18 and 19. We are hoping to have another year of record Airedale Terrier participation in this year's event! Friday will again be an Airedale only day featuring ATCA Fur Tracking and Trailing Tests for all levels and an upland workshop for young dogs. Saturday and Sunday will feature AKC Spaniel Hunt Tests for Airedales and other eligible breeds. The best Junior, Senior and Master level dogs will run in these upland tests, working towards AKC hunting titles.
- From the Legislative Committee: Many states are in legislative session this year. Join the AKC affiliated group in your state to support them and you in the fight against bad laws concerning your right to own animals. See: http://classic.akc.org/governmentrelations/federations.cfm
- The ATCA Health Committee will have Part Two of the Health Survey up and running shortly. This is an important survey and please take the time to participate in it Breeders, please encourage your puppy buyers to complete it also. Keep checking the website for more details on this important survey.
- Press Here to see a message from AKC regarding a new initiative designed to promote dog training and encourage more dog owners to pursue dog sports with their canine companions.
- Due to the passing of Scott Boeving, our VP, there have been a few changes in Board positions that were voted on at the February Teleconference Board Meeting. Robert Lucas is now a Vice-President and Elizabeth Mattison has been added as a Director.
If you have any questions or comments on the above, please contact S. VanOver at email@example.com.
View last month's "Happenings" page
MAIN MENU © 1997- 2014 Airedale Terrier Club of America, All Rights Reserved.
Page Hits: 1,259
- July 28, 2014.