June 2013 ATCA "Happenings"
- There are a couple of new products on the ATCA shopping cart including the 2010 ATCA Yearbook. Only limited quantities are available. Take a look at all the specials we have to offer on the shopping cart especially for July 4th.
- Plans for the MCKC weekend are set. This year will be a British Theme: Welcome to the "Valley of Aire" where tradition will be honored. Hospitality will be on Thursday at 5:00 p.m. Similar to last year, heavy hors d'oeuvres and cocktails will be served. On Wednesday, our Breeder seminar will feature education pertaining to Stud selection. Friday, our Annual Banquet will include our Auction. The menu will include some British favorites: Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding, Filet of Sole, Potatoes, Green Beans and for Dessert, A Famous Trifle!! Rolls, butter, cocktails, iced tea, coffee, soft drinks and water will be served. On Sunday night, there will be a get together for "Airedale Trivia" and prizes will be awarded. Be sure to book your rooms and send in your banquet reservation soon! All information will be on the website soon and in the current edition of the AA.
- Auction items will be a Hyatt hotel stay for Montgomery 2014 at our Host hotel. Other items are Pearson knives (thanks to Joanne Austin in getting these), Leslie Apple is doing a fine arts painting, Terry Stevens is doing a sculpture to go with our British theme. There is also a piece of fine arts Jewelry being donated! Thanks to Lisa Berglin and her donors!
- Reservations for Montgomery County Kennel Club 2013 are now being accepted at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites, Plymouth Meeting. To make a reservation, call 1-610-313-9990 and ask for the "Valley of Aire" room block. For on-line reservations, you may use the Code G-Aire. The discounted room rates are as follows: 1 Bedroom King Suite: $146 per night, 2 Bedroom King Suite: $186 per night, Trio Suite: $196 per night, One time Pet deposit: $50, The address is Hyatt House Plymouth Meeting, 501 E. Germantown Pike, East Norriton, Pa, 19401 HyatthousePlymouthMeeting.com For any concerns, contact Caron Jones, Chair Hospitality at email@example.com
- From the ATCA Obedience/Rally Committee: MCKC Obedience/Rally activities are underway: For obedience and rally exhibitors the week of trials will start on Wednesday, October 2, 2013 with the Garden State All Terrier trial. They will be holding an indoor rally and obedience trial at the Hatboro show site at Middletown Grange Fairgrounds #684, 576 Penns Park Rd. Wrightstown, PA. This is a new show site for these trials. They have formerly been held at the Kimberton fairgrounds with the agility trials. Thursday and Friday bring a rally trial and an obedience trial with the Hatboro shows at the same show site. These two trials are traditionally outdoor trials. They are all breed trials. Saturday, October 5th, is the ATCA trial in Exton, PA. This will be held at the Dog Training Club of Chester Co. building in Exton, PA. It is a climate controlled indoor site. This site is about an hour to an hour and a half drive west of the above trials. Our judge will be Nancy Withers. New to the list of rally and obedience trials will be the outdoor trials held on Sunday with the Montgomery Co. Kennel Club. What a great opportunity to show off our performance Airedales at the greatest terrier show in the USA. The show site is Montgomery County Community College, 340 DeKalb Pike, Blue Bell, PA.
- From the Legislative Committee: Many states are in legislation session this year. Join the AKC affiliated group in your state to support them and you in the fight against bad laws concerning your right to own animals. FMI - see This Link.
- The ATCA Health Committee will have Part Two of the Health Survey up and running shortly. This is an important survey and please take the time to participate in it Breeders, please encourage your puppy buyers to complete it also. Keep checking the website for more details on this important survey.
- From the ATCA H/F Committee: The Cooley Memorial Hunt Test was a big success again this year. In the ATCA Fur Tracking and Trailing Tests held Friday May 17th, Airedales earned one JH-fur, one SH-fur and two MH-fur titles making for a very successful day. During the AKC Spaniel Tests held Saturday May 18th and Sunday May 19th, there were five Junior level Airedale qualifying scores, six senior level Airedale qualifying scores, and one Master level Airedale qualifying score. This resulted in two new AKC JH titled Airedales and one new AKC MH titled Airedale, the third such title in the history of the breed! Congratulations to Brian Bolier and Carrie LaCombe for their new JH titles! Congratulations to Connie White and her girl Jet for their new MH title! On June 8th, the Minnesota Hunting Spaniel Association will be holding their annual WD (Working Dog) test. For the first time, Airedales will be allowed to enter the test, as the WD title for spaniels (the Airedale version is a GD (Gun Dog) test) is a dog club test. The ATCA GD test, approved in 2012, is now available so that Airedales can run in any spaniel club WD test. On June 8th, we will hopefully have an Airedale or two earn the first ATCA GD titles.
If you have any questions or comments on the above, please contact S. VanOver at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View last month's "Happenings" page