August 2015 ATCA "Happenings"
- Want to make donations to Airedale health, education, research, PLN study, etc. The ATCA Charitable Trust is a non-profit organization that supports all of the above. Contributions can be made and specified for what area you wish your donation to go to. If you have any questions, please contact Richard Berg, Chair of the ATCA Charitable Trust at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information on the PLN Study can be found on the front page of the website.
- Reservations for Montgomery County Kennel Club 2015 are now being accepted at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites, Plymouth Meeting. To make a reservation, call 1-610-313-9990 and ask for the "King of the Terriers" room block. The discounted room rates are as follows: 1 Bedroom King Suite: $146 per night, 2 Bedroom King Suite: $189 per night, Trio Suite: $199 per night, 1 Bedroom with 2 full size bed $146. One time Pet deposit: $50. The address is Hyatt House Plymouth Meeting, 501 E. Germantown Pike, East Norriton, PA 19401; HyatthousePlymouthMeeting.com. For any concerns, contact Myrna Whatmough, Chair Hospitality, at email@example.com.
- The Theme for MCKC 2015 will be "Airedales in America". Upcoming events including dinner reservations, seminar information and hospitality information for the MCKC 2015 will be on the website and in the AA shortly.
- The Breeder's Seminar for MCKC 2015 is cancelled this year.
- A wonderful evening of hospitality with lovely food will be held on Thursday, October 1st, at the host hotel. Plan on attending and getting together with old and new Airedale friends. The event will have heavy appetizers such as pork and meatball sliders.
- The ATCA Annual Banquet will be held on Friday, October 2. Deadline for reservations for the dinner is September 20. Check the information on the front page of the website for the form.
- Advertising deadline for the MCKC catalog is August 15th. Check the information on the front page of the website for the form.
- Hot off the presses!! The premium list is now available for the All Terrier agility trials to be held indoors on Sept. 28th-Oct. 1, 2015 in Palmyra, PA. Follow the link below for the 4-day agility premium list and the 1 day obedience and rally premium list (2 obedience trials + 2 rally trials on Tues. Sept. 29th). Entries for all of these terrier only events open via "first received" on July 10th!! Who is going? Let the ATCA Agility Committee know, so they are sure to have plenty of awards. Please send a message if you plan on attending any of these events at firstname.lastname@example.org. Premium list is on the front page of web site.
- Barn tests will be held during MCKC weekend. Check out the information contained on the front page of the website under MCKC Events.
- Information on all events for MCKC 2015 is listed on the front page of the website.
- The ATCA Fine Arts Raffle this year consists of such items as 4 night stay at the host hotel, one of a kind painting, handmade scarf, Robert Dickey prints and an Anne Curran original piece. Buy your tickets for the raffle now or at MCKC. Check out the information on the front page of the website for details.
- 2015 AKC Eukanuba National Championship will be held on December 12 and 13 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL. The host city will also host the AKC Obedience Classic and the AKC Agility Invitational. More information will be provided in the coming months.
- This year MCKC will have Best Bred-By Exhibitor Group judged by Mrs. C.H. Clark. Judging for individual breeds will be similar to NOH Group. It will be open to the winners of the Bred-By classes and any dogs in the Best of Breed competition shown by their breeder/owner. Following is the criteria that is in the premium. BEST BRED-BY-EXHIBITOR CRITERIA: • To be eligible for Bred-by-Exhibitor the appropriate box on the entry form must be checked unless the dog or bitch is entered in the bred-by-exhibitor class.• Every dog entered at this event in the bred-by exhibitor class or for best of breed competition is eligible for the Best Bred-By-Exhibitor Competition, if the entry is shown by a breeder and owner of record. • All dogs in competition for Best Bred-by-Exhibitor must be individually registered with the American Kennel Club • Dogs in competition for Best Bred-by-Exhibitor must be handled throughout the entire breed competition by a breeder and owner of record.• No handler change will be permitted for the purpose of becoming eligible for the Best Bred-by-Exhibitor competition • Dogs competing in the Best Bred-by-Exhibitor Groups and Best Bred-by-Exhibitor in Show must be handled throughout by a breeder and owner of record.
- From AKC:
We wanted to update you on several recent policy changes impacting Group and All-Breed clubs that were adopted by the AKC Board of Directors at their June 2015 meeting. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Automated External Defibrillators
Effective September 15, 2015, clubs holding group and all-breed conformation events in public facilities must identify the location of all onsite automated external defibrillators (AED). If the event location does not have onsite AEDs, it is recommended that clubs request the EMT in attendance provide an AED.
Concurrent Group and All-Breed Events Pilot Program For Events On Or After July 1, 2015 - December 31, 2016
Group and All-Breed events may be held concurrently with the following limitations:
- Permission must be obtained from the all-breed club in order to apply.
- The events must be held on the same grounds (i.e., the same physical address).
- Ownership of the corresponding date must be agreed upon in writing and submitted with the event applications prior to event approval.
- The breed judging in the all-breed event must be held prior to the breed judging in the group event in order to avoid delays in group judging in the all-breed event. Likewise, the group judging (of the concurrent group) for the all-breed event must be held prior to the group judging in the group event.
- Any judge who is shared by the two clubs involved is limited to 100 breed entries (for the two events combined) for the day plus any group or Best in Show assignments.
- Evening or concurrent specialties are permitted for breeds that are not part of the group that is holding an event concurrently with the all-breed event.
- All-breed events must offer group and Best in Show competition. Group events must offer group competition.
- The use of multiple group rings is encouraged.
- Junior Showmanship competition is allowed.
- Obedience and Rally competitions are allowed, and encouraged, but must have their own ring(s) for competition.
Requests for multiple group events on the same day and site of an all-breed event will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
If you have any questions or comments on the above, please contact S. VanOver at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View last month's "Happenings" page
MAIN MENU © 1997- 2015 Airedale Terrier Club of America, All Rights Reserved.
Page Hits: 68,488
- August 31, 2015.