August 2016 ATCA "Happenings"
- From the ATCA Hospitality Committee: The Theme for MCKC 2016 will be "Autumn in the Aire". Upcoming events including dinner reservations, seminar information and hospitality information for MCKC 2016 are in the latest issue of the AA and will be on the web site shortly.
- Plan to attend a seminar entitled "Elements Essential for a Successful Breeding" presented by Dr. Tracy Powell on Wednesday, October 5, at the host hotel.
- A wonderful evening of hospitality with lovely food and beverages will be held on Thursday, October 6, at the Host Hotel. Plan on attending and getting together with old and new Airedale friends
- This year the draw for the Airedale Quilting Bee main quilt and four bonus quilts will be held at the evening Hospitality on Thursday, October 6. The quilts will be on display and tickets available for purchase at the Hospitality event.
- The ATCA Annual Banquet will be held on Friday, October 7. Deadline for reservations for the dinner is September 25. Check the information on the front page of the web site or in the latest issue of the AA for the form.
- Advertising deadline for the MCKC catalog is August 15th. Check the information on the front page of the web site for the form.
- There is an ATCA Specialty Obedience and Rally Trial on Tuesday morning, October 4, and an All Terrier Obedience and Rally Trial on Tuesday afternoon, October 4. All held at the Palmyra, PA location. Check the front of the web site for more information.
- Montgomery Terrier Agility Cluster is October 3 - October 6 at the Palmyra, PA location. Check the front of the web site for more information
- Barn Hunt tests will be held during MCKC week. They will be at the Palmyra, PA location on October 3-4 and at the Kimberton location on October 5-6. Check out the information contained on the front page of the web site under MCKC events.
- Lure Coursing Ability tests will be at the Palmyra, PA location on October 5 and 6.
- Information on all events for MCKC 2016 is listed on the front page of the web site.
- The ATCA Fine Arts Raffle this year consists of such items as a 4 night stay at the Host Hotel, two "Have a Heart" mugs handmade by artist Terry Stevens, an item from Phyllis Wayne's collection and a large hand knitted Airedale blanket created by Pam Jackson.
- The ATCA Agility fundraiser information is on the front page of the website.
- The Hatboro shows for MCKC weekend will be at a new show site for this year. The events will be held at Macungie Memorial Park, 50 S. Poplar St., Macungie, PA 18062. More detailed instructions are in the MCKC insert on the front page of the website.
- The Cairn Terrier Club of America Education Committee is hosting presentation on Cancer in Canines, Terriers in Particular. The guest speaker will be Sarah Sheafor, DVM, DACVIM, Head of Oncology at VCA SouthPaws, Fairfax, VA. The program will be held on Thursday, October 6 at the Best Western Plus (3499 St, Rd., Bensalem, PA) starting at 2:00 PM. The CTCA's Education Committee is offering this opportunity for only a $20.00 fee, payable at the door. Reservations are appreciated. Please contact Dayle Reynolds at email@example.com.
- Health Committee: If there are any specific health topics that you would like to have articles on for the AA, please forward those suggestions to the Chairs: Shirley VanOver firstname.lastname@example.org or Cathy Gaidos gaidos@TwinValley.net. The AKC Canine Health Foundation is partnering with VetVine to present a free educational webinar on Lymphoma: Topic for October 18 will be Cancer Immunotherapy: Basic Concepts and Strategies for Improving Treatment Outcomes.
- Want to make donations to Airedale health, education, research, PLN study, etc. The ATCA Charitable Trust is a non-profit organization that supports all of the above. Contributions can be made and specified for what area you wish your donation to go to. If you have any questions, please contact Richard Berg, Chair of the ATCA Charitable Trust at email@example.com. Information on the PLN Study can be found on the front page of the website.
If you have any questions or comments on the above, please contact S. VanOver at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View last month's "Happenings" page
MAIN MENU © 1997- 2016 Airedale Terrier Club of America, All Rights Reserved.
Page Hits: 71,788
- August 27, 2016.