February 2014 ATCA "Happenings"
- There are a couple of new products on the ATCA shopping cart including the 2010 ATCA Yearbook. Only limited quantities are available. Take a look at all the specials we have to offer on the shopping cart spring specials.
- Reservations for Montgomery County Kennel Club 2014 are now being accepted at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites, Plymouth Meeting. To make a reservation, call 1-610-313-9990 and ask for the "Black and Tan" room block. The discounted room rates are as follows: 1 Bedroom King Suite: $146 per night, 2 Bedroom King Suite: $189 per night, Trio Suite: $199 per night, 1 Bedroom with 2 full size bed $146. One time Pet deposit: $50, The address is Hyatt House Plymouth Meeting, 501 E. Germantown Pike, East Norriton, Pennsylvania 19401 HyatthousePlymouthMeeting.com For any concerns, contact Myrna Whatmough, Chair Hospitality at email@example.com.
- From the ATCA H/F Committee: The ATCA will again be sponsoring an Airedale Terrier information booth at Pheasants Forever's National Pheasant Fest scheduled for February 14, 15, and 16, 2014. This year the event will be held at the Wisconsin Center in Milwaukee, WI. The event will begin Friday February 14th at 1:00 PM with the Bird Dog Parade. It is likely that the Airedale will again be the first of the nearly thirty dog breeds to line up for the parade. Our hunting Airedales will proudly lead everyone into the event as they open the doors to the public. Come visit us as we celebrate the hunting Airedale and inform the upland bird hunting public about how much fun it is to hunt over an Airedale. Up to 30,000 visitors are expected for the event which features everything needed for pheasant hunting from dogs and dog gear to professional trainers, hunting guides, guns and other hunting equipment. Contact me or visit the Pheasants Forever website for more information. Scott Lichty, Chair, Hunting and Field Committee. Lexi and Matt Noradahl will be joined by Scott Lichty and other hunting Airedale folks as they talk Airedales at this event.
- Again this past December, volunteers made a trip to the Orlando Convention Center to help the AKC and ATCA educate the public about the value of the AKC, the importance of responsible dog ownership and the joys of the purebred Airedale Terrier with the Meet the Breed at the Eukanuba Dog Shows. The booth was set up, staffed both days and dogs provided by the Airedale Terrier Club of Florida. ATCF members Conni Adams, Ted and Denise Decker, Amy Marvin, Myrna Whatmough and Liz Joseph staffed the booth along with their dogs. Ron Bunch from Sunshine Airedalers, the state rescue club, provided rescue information. Thanks to all the people that helped make this weekend a success.
- From the ATCA Agility Committee: Congratulations to William Fridrych and his Airedale, Airee, MACH3 Connemara's Nothing' But Aire MXC MJB2! Airee was the #1 Airedale in agility competition for 2013! Way to go!
- A new fact sheet was issued early December by USDA/APHIS in response to some of the questions they have received from the AKC and breeders over the past several weeks. Visit their website to view the fact sheet and frequently asked questions. For the latest information on APHIS, keep checking the AKC Regulations Resource Page.
- The Canine Good Citizen program started in 1989 and began offering a title option in 2013. It has grown now to a comprehensive three level program consisting of AKC STAR Puppy; the CGC test, which is now a titling activity and the recently introduced Community Canine test, which can be thought of as the advanced CGC, which carries the title CGCA. Information on the new CGCA can be found HERE
If you have any questions or comments on the above, please contact S. VanOver at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View last month's "Happenings" page
MAIN MENU © 1997- 2014 Airedale Terrier Club of America, All Rights Reserved.
Page Hits: 35,951
- March 10, 2014.